Our little town has quite an interesting history. The founder of Post Cereal C.W. Post himself established the town in 1912. However the town didn’t really start to develop until 1921. The town was originally named Hockley City until a meeting was held by the current townsfolk and renamed Levelland due to its flat topography. The first courthouse was established in October of 1921 and only lasted about seven months when it was decided they would build a two-story courthouse. This one lasted a bit longer sticking it out for almost six years. The courthouse we have today was built in 1927. Soon after that came the railroad and Highway 116 (later named Highway 114) followed. Then it really began to grow. It became home to several residents, multiple companies and more. Levelland is known for oilfield companies, cotton production and most of all South Plains College a small two-year community college that’s growing all the time. With all the production going on it’s no wonder this tiny establishment has bloomed into a bustling community with over 10,000 residents. We have many family owned businesses in the community including restaurants, used car dealers, small boutique stores and us your friendly trailer dealers Danny’s Trailer Sales.